A modern and sweeter twist on the classic Manhattan, The Brooklyn is the perfect winter drink to sip by a fireplace or Christmas tree. With a touch of Maple Syrup for sweetness and orange bitters and peel for brightness, The Brooklyn will keep you warm and cheery all holiday season. – Patty
- 2 oz Bourbon or Rye (I use Bulleit Bourbon for mixed drinks)
- 1 oz Sweet Vermouth
- 1 tsp of Maple Syrup
- 2 dashes of Angostura Bitters
- 1 dash of Orange Bitters
- Orange peel
- Add all the ingredients (except the orange peel) into a mixing glass with ice, and stir until well-chilled.
- For a Brooklyn up, strain the cocktail into a chilled coupe glass. For a Brooklyn on the rocks, strain the cocktail into an Old Fashioned Glass with 1 or 2 large ice cubes.
- Garnish with the orange peel which you can run around the sides of the glass rim before placing in the glass. Enjoy!