Over two decades ago I ordered a Cosmopolitan at The Odeon in NYC. I was dining with famliy outside on a perfect September night after watching US Open Tennis. Maybe it was just a magical evening or how the bartender prepared it but to this day the “Cosmo” is my favorite cocktail (other than a Skinny Margarita). Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 ounces lemon vodka (like Absolut Citron)
- 3/4 ounce Cointreau
- 1/2 ounce fresh squeezed lime juice (a must)
- 1/2 ounce cranberry juice (you want drink to be pink not red)
- Pop a cocktail glass into the freezer for a few minutes.
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice.
- Pour in vodka, Cointreau, lime juice, and cranberry juice cocktail.
- Shake well, until the outside of the shaker is very cold.
- Strain into the chilled cocktail glass and garnish with orange twist or lime wedge.