My favorite bar in town serves these on a secret menu just as soon as the weather gets a chill in the air. They actually pre-make the mix and keep it in the fridge and scoop out individual servings as needed. This one definitely warms you up!
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup spiced rum
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 sticks cinnamon, for garnish
- Using an electric mixer, beat the brown sugar, butter, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt in a medium bowl until blended and smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a 4-cup (or larger) measuring cup.
- Add the rum and then 2 cups of boiling water.
- Stir until the butter mixture dissolves.
- Divide the buttered rum among 4 mugs.
- Garnish with the cinnamon sticks and serve.