Create a grab and go breakfast option or any time protein hit with this simple recipe. After the first make and bake – it’s just one minute in the microwave. And as a Libra, I like options so this allows you to mix and match ingredients ranging from broccoli to bacon. Just chop ’em small enough to fit in your cup – and in your mouth! 😋
- 5 eggs or 6 eggwhites (depending on preference)
- 1/2 cup diced yellow, red or green onion
- 1/2 cup diced yellow or red peppers
- 1 cup chopped spinach or broccoli
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a nonstick 6-12 muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Add desired ingredients to the greased muffin cups filling just over 1/2 the cup
- In a 2-cup measuring cup, whisk together eggs or egg whites (add a tablespoon of water or milk if desired before whisking) and then gently pour egg mixture over veggies to fill each cup around 3/4 of the way full.
- Season the top of each egg cup with salt and pepper, to taste, and then bake at 350ºF for around 15-20 minutes.
- The egg batter will rise above the muffin tin so don’t over fill each cup. When they are puffed up and start to brown they should be ready or when poked with a fork it comes out clean.
- To make an even dozen just double the recipe.
You can replace above ingredients (other than eggs) with whatever you like such as chopped bacon or ham, mushrooms, asparagus, or other veggies.