The Minimalist Baker is my go-to for easy, delicious vegan recipes. Dana, the primary recipe developer for Minimalist Baker, never disappoints! As she describes it, this dish is a vegan, gluten-free, 30-minute curry that’s loaded with veggies and swimming in a perfectly-spiced coconut milk broth. – Katie
- 1 tbsp coconut or olive oil
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets (diced) – can sub green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1/3 cup snow peas (loosely cut)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional, for heat)
- 2 14-ounce cans light coconut milk (sub full-fat for richer texture)
- 1 cup veggie broth
- Sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 14-ounce can light coconut milk
- 1 cup white quinoa (rinsed in a fine mesh strainer)
- 1 tbsp agave nectar (optional)
For serving: (optional)
- Fresh lemon juice
- Cilantro, mint, and/or basil
- Red pepper flakes
- If serving with coconut quinoa, begin by washing thoroughly in a fine mesh strainer. Add to a medium saucepan over medium heat and toast for 3 minutes. Add light coconut milk and 1/2 cup water (amount as original recipe is written, adjust if altering batch size). Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the quinoa is light, fluffy and the liquid is absorbed. Set aside until serving.
- In the meantime, heat a large saucepan or pot to medium heat and add coconut oil. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, carrot, broccoli and a pinch each salt and pepper and stir. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened – about 5 minutes.
- Add curry powder, cayenne (or chili pepper), veggie stock, coconut milk, another healthy pinch of salt and stir. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat slightly and continue cooking for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the snow peas and tomatoes in the last 5 minutes so they don’t overcook.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. I added another pinch or two of salt.
- Serve over coconut quinoa and garnish with fresh lemon juice and herbs.