After a friend brought this to Friendsgiving, this became one of my favorite appetizers. It’s easy to make and a crowd-pleaser! Original recipe from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
- 12 ounces (340 g) fresh cranberries
- 4–5 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 cup (212 g) sugar, more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 8-ounce packages (454 g) cream cheese, light or regular, softened
- Crackers, for serving
- Pulse the cranberries in a food processor or blender until coarsely chopped. Add the green onions, cilantro, jalapeño, sugar, cumin, lemon juice and salt and pulse until the ingredients are well combined and finely chopped.
- Transfer the mixture to a covered container and refrigerate for 4 hours (or up to overnight) so the flavors have time to meld and develop.
- When ready to serve, spread the cream cheese in an even layer on a serving plate or 9-inch pie dish. Top with the cranberry-jalapeño mixture.
- Refrigerate for up to an hour before serving. Serve with crackers.