This meatloaf was inspired by my mother-in-law, Aggi, who I unfortunately never met but undoubtedly would have loved. She was a big fan of pickles in her meatloaf to offer a little zing and a surprise in the middle layer. I’ve taken that a little further adding in cheese, mixing the pickles throughout and giving this meatloaf a perfect game day burger feel.
- 3/4 lb. Ground Beef
- 3/4 lb. Ground Veal
- 1 cup Panko Japanese-style bread crumbs
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 diced Onion
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1 cup Pickles chopped (I like kosher dill)
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. Steak Sauce
- 1 tsp. Coriander ground
- 1 tsp. Thyme ground
- 1 tso, Onion Powder or Chopped Onions (optional if you like onions on your burgers)
- 6–10 slizes of bacon (optional if you like bacon cheeseburgers)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Grease a loaf pan with canola or vegetable oil spray
- Bake for 45 mins to an hour until no pink remains in the center (internal temperature should be 160°F)
- If you like a glaze on your meatloaf you can spread additional steak sauce on top prior to putting in the oven.
- If using bacon place bacon strips on top of loaf (width wide) before baking. Make sure to tuck the strips inside the sides of the pan