My summer fruit of choice is watermelon and this recipe from my pal JM is always a crowd pleaser. It’s a refreshing and tasty dish to add to a picnic or BBQ on a hot day that can work as both a salad and dessert!
- 1 ea 8lb seedless watermelon cut into 1 1/2″ cubes or use mellon baller to make balls
- 1/2 lb feta cheese crumbled or cut into small pieces (2 cups)
- 1 cup coarsley chopped mint leaves – relatively small so easy to eat
- 1/3 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 small sweet or red onion (diced)
- 1 small teaspoon of tobasco
- Drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- In a large bowl whisk olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Add the watermelon, feta and optional ingredients and toss.
- Stir in mint once tossed.