An easy dessert to whip up when you find yourself with lots of strawberries on hand. – Patty
An easy dessert to whip up when you find yourself with lots of strawberries on hand.
- 2 pounds of strawberries, cleaned, hulled and quartered (4–5 cups of fruit)
- 2 cups of simple syrup (you can make your own by combining 2 cups of sugar and 2 cups of water in a sauce pan, heating it until the sugar dissolves, and then letting it cool)
- 2–4 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice (depending on how tart you like it)
- Put the strawberries, simple syrup and lemon juice into a blender or food processor and blend until the fruit is liquified and there are no chunks. Taste and add more simple syrup or lemon juice if needed.
- Optional: Strain juice through a mesh strainer to remove any seeds
- Pour the juice into your chilled ice cream maker base and churn until thick and frozen (est. 10-15 mins)
- Transfer the sorbet into ice cream containers and freeze for at least 4 hours.