If you are craving a breakfast that is a little sweet yet healthier than pancakes and syrup, this smoothie could easily be mistaken for a milkshake, and it will fuel your body for a busy day ahead. Unlike a milkshake, however, this smoothie is protein-packed with a good amount of fiber in it as well. This drink is also very customizable to suit your taste.
- 1–1.5 frozen bananas
- Tablespoon of any chocolate protein powder
- Vanilla or original coffee creamer
- Unsweetened almond milk or milk of your choosing
- Level teaspoon or small dollop of almond, peanut, or other nut butter
- 1/2 cup of freshly-made coffee or cold brew
- In your blender, place either 1 or 1 and a half frozen bananas—depending on how much smoothie you would like to make.
- Next, add the 1/2 cup of coffee. You can add more coffee and less milk/creamer if you would prefer a stronger coffee flavor.
- After you add the coffee, pour your milk and about a 1/4 cup of creamer until the total amount of liquid in the blender covers the bananas entirely–but not quite. You do not want to add too much liquid, or else your smoothie will not have the thick, creamy texture of a milkshake.
- Add the nut butter and the protein powder
- Cover your blender, and mix on high. If the contents are not mixing with ease, just add more milk or creamer until everything combines smoothly.
- Top with whipped cream, cacao nibs, or just leave it plain! Trust me, it will be hard to not drink the entire smoothie in a few seconds.