This recipe passed down from my great aunt makes the most delicious and moist carrot cake. It’s definitely worth trying! – Erica
This recipe passed down from my great aunt makes the most delicious and moist carrot cake. It’s definitely worth trying!
- 3 cups of shredded carrots
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup of golden raisins
- 1 small can of crushed pineapple (including the juice)
- 1 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 tsps of salt
- 2 tsps of baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, oil, and eggs. Add in flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Finally, mix in carrots, pecans, raisins, and pineapple.
- Distribute the mixture evenly in a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then cover with aluminum foil and bake covered for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool, and enjoy!