Our team is committed to listening and amplifying Black voices. We are responding to the call to action to doing anything we can to bring an end anti-Black racism. While we will never truly understand the weight that Black lives have carried and continue to carry, it is imperative that we all take time to read, listen, and use our voices to stand up for what is right.
At DoubleShot Creative, we believe Black lives matter.
Today, we are sharing the resources our team is finding helpful to learn more about what we can do to actively participate in creating an anti-racist future.
We are committed to doing the work now and always. If you have additional resources you would like to share with our community, please add them to the comments below.
Organizations to donate to:
- Black Lives Matter — Network to bring justice, healing, and freedom to Black people across the globe
- Campaign Zero – Organization focused on policy-based solutions to end police brutality
- Color of Change — Racial justice organization
Articles to read:
- Anguish and Action
- Dear White People, This is What We Want You To Do
- How to Support the Struggle Against Police Brutality
- How to Be An Ally During Times of Tragedy
- 75 Things White People Can Do for Racial Justice
- An Essential Anti-Racist Reading List
- How to be a good white ally, according to activists
Podcasts to listen to:
Instagram accounts to follow:
- Audre Lorde Project — Community organizing center for LGBTSTGNC people of color communities
- Giselle Buchanan — Poet, Artist, Arts Educator
- Rachel Elizabeth Cargle — Building an intellectual legacy through teaching, storytelling, and critical discourse
- Danielle Coke — Artist and Designer
Netflix shows to watch:
- 13th — Ava DuVernay
- Dear White People — Justin Simien
- See You Yesterday — Stefon Bristol
Books to read:
- How To Be An Antiracist by Dr. Ibram X. Kendi
- Me and White Supremacy by Layla F. Saad
- White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism by Robin DiAngelo, PhD
Support Black-owned bookstores when you buy your books!